EUR 2,000 OPERATING SUPPORT FOR SOLE ENTREPRENEURS
The online application channel for operating support granted to sole entrepreneurs IS OPEN. Please, read the instructions for applying below and prepare the appendices required for your application.
Business Rovaniemi will immediately process support applications, following which the applications will be sent to the city official for approval and payment.
FAQs related to operating support can be found from here
SOLE ENTREPRENEURS CAN APPLY FOR SUPPORT FROM THE CITY/MUNICIPALITY DURING THE CORONAVIRUS SITUATION
- The amount is EUR 2,000.
- This is a one-off payment.
- Support is sought from the home municipality of the company, i.e. the home municipality registered in the YTJ Business Information System. Check from here
- The operating support for sole entrepreneurs does not apply to agricultural, forestry and fishery entrepreneurs.
SUMMARY OF THE OPERATING SUPPORT FOR SOLE ENTREPRENEURS
- This support is granted to entrepreneurs and self-employed persons who engage full-time in Finland in some form of economic activity.
- This category of self-employed persons with no employees includes entrepreneurs and other self-employed persons who have no employees on their payroll, including freelancers.
- A condition for granting the support is significant deterioration in the finances of the business and decrease in turnover, which must be proven by the entrepreneur.
- The support is discretionary.
- Support will not be granted to a business that was in financial difficulties before the coronavirus crisis.
- Support will not be granted to a business that has tax debts.
- The support may be applied for even if the entrepreneur will also apply for the unemployment security envisaged to be extended to entrepreneurs.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES CAN THIS SUPPORT BE SOUGHT?
- The sole entrepreneur support is a EUR 2,000 one-time payment for calculated business costs of the sole entrepreneur, such as the costs incurred for business premises and equipment as well as accounting and other office expenses.
- The granting of this one-time support for business costs does not apply to salaries paid to the entrepreneur.
- This operating support is intended to provide sole entrepreneurs with assistance in surviving the challenging economic situation caused by the coronavirus epidemic.
- The one-time payment may be granted for costs that arise between 16 March 2020 and 31 August 2020. The support may be applied for until 30 September 2020.
- This is a question of a calculated sum and the recipient of the support is not obliged to present supporting documentation pertaining to incurred costs when or after applying for the support.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR OPERATING SUPPORT?
We recommend that you THOROUGHLY read the instructions for applying for the support and what appended information is required. Correct completion of the application significantly speeds up the decision-making process.
The application form cannot be saved, so please make sure you have all the material required for completing the application. To be able to complete the application, you will need a mobile ID or online banking codes.
Please note! Authentication must be done using your private mobile ID or online banking codes, not those of the company. Furthermore, please note that due to data security reasons the Internet Explorer browser is not supported. The internet browser we recommend is e.g. Google Chrome.
What information does the Application Form ask for?
- Basic information about the applicant: e.g. type of undertaking, business ID/VAT number, date business commenced, bank details (IBAN).
- Description of activities: e.g. products/services, customers, how the coronavirus has affected activities.
- Earlier de minimis support received by the applicant during this year and the two previous fiscal years. More information about de minimis support available HERE
- Plan for stabilising activities (how the entrepreneur intends to use the support granted).
Appendices required for the application:
(pdf, jpg or png format, each as a separate appendix for the section in question).
- Financial statements for 2019/latest financial statements or tax declaration for 2019/latest tax declaration.
- Copies of ledgers and/or bank statements to verify sales and cost trends for 2020.
- Certificate of tax debts and if the company has tax debts, verification of the tax repayment plan approved by the Tax Administration. The online tax debt register can be found from HERE
When applying, the entrepreneur must provide assurances that the information is correct. If the entrepreneur handles accounting itself, the information does not have to be certified by the accountant as being correct, but the entrepreneur must assure the information is correct.
Authentication for the application uses online banking codes/mobile ID. Once you have submitted the completed form you will receive an on-screen confirmation that your application has been received.
If you are uncertain about something, please contact our business developers Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. before submitting the application. An incomplete or deficient application will cause delays in the decision-making and payment processes.
Applications are processed without delay on a first come, first served basis. The decision will be sent via email. Payment will be made a few days following the positive decision.
If the decision is negative, the applicant will be provided with the official decision, including grounds for rejection and instructions for appealing.